10 April 2009

Our Staycation, Part One

This spring break, we have opted for the Staycation.  I thought we were just being penny-wise and not standby foolish.  But it turns out, we are in vogue.  The Chicago Tribune has recently published several articles on this new-old phenom's growing popularity.  

So here are a few shots of our Staycation.  Although wikipedia tried to warn us about some potential "risks of a staycation", I think we're surviving okay.*

Here is Teagan enjoying a morning sun-bath on the driveway, then working with Lloyd on his birdhouse.





We also ventured on the metra train downtown to see the Real Pirate Exhibit at the Field Museum...my favorite Chicago museum.  Never mind that it's the only one I have been to since we moved here, I love it!

Here is Liam "catching air" on his way up the many steps to the Field.  Anyone excited?


I am still getting used to seeing my lads in urban shots...


Consider Yourself Warned

If it looks like a Staycation might be fun:

*Risks of a staycation, accoding to Wikipedia, include:  
"Staycationers also have access to their email at home as they would regularly, allowing them to be contacted, and feeling the temptation to keep up with this contact."

More photos to come...email's calling.


1 comment:

J.Danielle Hubbard said...

Mom tells me that the yellow yellows are much like the Wonder Woman underwear I insisted upon wearing for weeks at a time. Now days, if I could, I would just wear pajama's! It is fun to hear your thoughts and see your gorgeous pictures Jungle mama. Signing off from the jungle's of Nicaragua, a far cry from the Staycation; Danielle